- VOICES: What is your definition of 'evangelism?'
- Voices: Why did you attend the Mid-Atlantic Evangelism Seminar?
- A church that gives itself away: Ohio congregation shares blessings with its community
- Church’s baskeball program has an Upward focus
- Tulsa church is growing where God leads, elders say
- Law school grad: ‘Love lifted me’ from the streets to success
- McAnulty a ‘whirlwind of energy’ for children
- Jimmy Allen not done preaching the Gospel
- Christian entrepreneur has a Taylor-made ministry
- Afghan girl touched general's heart, inspired action
Managing Editor of Chronicle - 1983-1989
Associate Editor - 2000-2012
Joy McMillon was born in Midwest City, Okla., and graduated from Oklahoma Christian University with a B.A. in English. While at the university, she worked as a staff writer for the college newspaper. After marrying Lynn McMillon and graduating from OC, she taught high school English in Mississippi and directed plays. She returned to college classes at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond, and was granted an M.A. She taught in the Oklahoma Christian English department for nearly a dozen years and also worked part time in the Public Relations Department.
In 1983 she was named as the second managing editor of the Christian Chronicle, where she served until her parents' illness necessitated her resignation. She rejoined the Chronicle staff on a part-time basis in 2000.
The McMillons have two married sons, four granddaughters and one grandson.